Vacancies - Workshop Foreman – Newark
Workshop Foreman – Newark
Morris Leslie is an £88 million turnover group of companies. Comprising of 15 locations and consisting of a diverse range of divisions including plant hire, plant sales, property investment, self-storage and auctions.
Morris Leslie Plant Hire consists of 13 depots throughout the UK, providing customers with extensive choice and cover. We specialise in supplying plant solutions to the construction, house building and civil engineering sectors. Following recent investment, our modern fleet of over 4,000 plant items includes over 1,400 Telehandlers, 1,200 Excavators, 850 Dumpers, 450 Rollers and 150 Access Platforms.
We have a vacancy for a workshop foreman to join our highly respected and friendly team based in Newark. This role requires a self-motivated individual with good customer service skills and a flexible, enthusiastic attitude to problem solving in order to maintain a high standard at all times. Previous experience in the hire industry with working on Plant and Powered Access is preferable.
- Ensure the workshop runs smoothly and efficiently day in day out
- Responsible for supporting and developing your colleagues and making sure that all equipment is maintained and kept in working order at all times.
- Ordering spares via our internal purchasing department
- Managing workshop spend and recharge budget
- Recording of servicing on our Insphire system
- Work close with suppliers for warranty work
· A working knowledge of plant and tool equipment
· A relevant mechanical qualification (or time served)
· Good knowledge of Excel & Word
· Experience of working in a similar position at supervisory level