Vacancies - Service Manager (Bedford)
Service Manager (Bedford)
Morris Leslie is an £88 million turnover group of companies. Comprising of 15 locations and consisting of a diverse range of divisions including plant hire, plant sales, property investment, self-storage and auctions.
Morris Leslie Plant Hire consists of 13 depots throughout the UK, providing customers with extensive choice and cover. We specialise in supplying plant solutions to the construction, house building and civil engineering sectors. Following recent investment, our modern fleet of over 4,000 plant items includes over 1,400 Telehandlers, 1,200 Excavators, 850 Dumpers, 450 Rollers and 150 Access Platforms.
A vacancy has arisen for a Service Manager at our Bedford Depot. This role requires a self-motivated individual with good customer service skills and a flexible, enthusiastic attitude to problem solving in order to maintain a high standard at all times. Previous experience in the hire industry and experience working on Plant and Powered Access is preferable.
- Develop and motivate the workshop team which includes workshop and field service engineers
- Ensure that equipment is delivered to our customers in first class condition for both hire and sales
- Ensure that the depot’s fleet of vehicles are maintained to the correct standard and planned maintenance is adhered to.
- Ensure that the workplace and working environment are maintained to the highest standards of safety
- Ensure the correct spare parts are ordered for the maintenance and repair of the hire fleet, working within the workshop budget
- Attend company training courses as required to ensure level of competency is maintained
- Previous experience in a similar type role
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient time management
- Ability to build working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time