Vacancies - Semi Skilled Fitter – Bedford
Semi Skilled Fitter – Bedford
Role: Semi Skilled Fitter – Bedford Preparation Centre – 45 hours per week – 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Are you a determined individual with some experience working with Plant Machinery? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Semi Skilled Fitter to join our talented and highly respected team at our Bedford Preparation Centre.
You will be responsible for assisting with repairs of our large range of plant machinery (telehandlers, excavators, dumpers and rollers). You will assist in carrying out machine inspections and identifying any defective parts or damaged components and then assist in carrying out these repairs to a high standard. You must ensure you keep accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Always ensures work is completed to a high standard
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Keep up to date with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel fault-finding experience
- Experience working in the Plant Hire industry
What benefits we provide:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and gym discounts and other retail discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Company sick pay scheme
We are a national business with our HQ at West Kinfauns, Perth, Scotland. The business was established in 1974 by Morris Leslie and remains in private ownership to this day as a family run business. Originally a plant sales company, over the past four decades we have diversified into other areas, many relating to the agricultural and construction sectors where we made our name.
We offer the highest quality products and service across the UK. We can provide auction services anywhere in the UK to a global audience, our Plant Hire network is served by 12 modern depots and our Plant Sales operates globally.
Our success has been driven by our ability to identify a gap in the market, delivering a cost effective solution which most importantly meets our customers’ requirements. We continue to deliver the highest quality product, cost effectively and on time.
To apply for this role, please complete the form or send your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]