Vacancies - Hire Desk Manager
Hire Desk Manager
Morris Leslie Plant Hire consists of 13 depots throughout the UK providing customers with extensive choice and cover. We specialise in supplying plant solutions to the construction, house building and civil engineering sectors. Following recent investment our modern fleet of 5,000 plant items includes over 2,000 telehandlers, 1,300 excavators, 1,000 dumpers, 450 rollers and 150 access platforms.
We currently have a vacancy in our Plant Hire division for a Hire Desk Manager in our Willenhall Depot.
We are requiring candidates who can provide strong examples of working within a similar role, have previous management or supervisory experience, be able to work as part of a team and use their own initiative and have an awareness of current Health and Safety legislation.
- Negotiating hires and solving queries.
- Providing accurate information and advice (over both phone and email) on our range of equipment (training will be provided).
- Keeping the depots paperwork up to date and in line with internal and external legislation.
- Ability to multitask, and a robust and positive approach to challenging deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills, when dealing with both external clients and company colleagues
- Maintain complete and accurate vehicle and plant records
- Prepare quotations, agree hire contracts, organise deliveries, servicing, repairs and collection of plant
- Liaise with workshop engineers and breakdown
- Dealing with day to day running of the Hire Desk, deliveries, collections transport
- Innovate ideas and new procedures on how to resolve any issues within the plant department
Any additional administrative tasks as necessary, as well as general administration office duties such as filing, scanning, ordering stationery etc. as/when required.