Vacancies - HGV Class 1 Driver – Birmingham
HGV Class 1 Driver – Birmingham
Role: HGV Class 1 Low Loader Driver – Birmingham Preparation Centre – 45 hours per week – 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Are you a determined individual with experience working a HGV Driver? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HGV Class 1 Low Loader Driver to join our talented and highly respected team at Morris Leslie Plant Sales Preparation Centre Birmingham.
You will be responsible for delivering a variety of plant equipment to customers within a designated geographical area who have purchased goods. You will also be responsible for picking up equipment that the business has acquired. In addition, you provide excellent customer service to all clients and stakeholders. You will ensure you load and unload heavy construction goods safely and fasten them securely working to national compliance standards.
- Have a sound understanding of plant equipment.
- Be experienced in multi-site deliveries/collections.
- Have achieved your CPC and Digital Tacho qualifications and have a valid class C or C+E driving licence.
- Be flexible with hours and days to be worked with possible night working.
- Have good knowledge of HGV sat navs and good navigations skills.
- Experience of using a mobile tablet data system.
- Have heavy haulage experience
- Have a load and secure ticket such as CPCS or NPORS.
What benefits we provide:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and gym discounts and other retail discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Company sick pay scheme
We are a national business with our HQ at West Kinfauns, Perth, Scotland. The business was established in 1974 by Morris Leslie and remains in private ownership to this day as a family run business. Originally a plant sales company, over the past four decades we have diversified into other areas, many relating to the agricultural and construction sectors where we made our name.
We offer the highest quality products and service across the UK. We can provide auction services anywhere in the UK to a global audience, our Plant Hire network is served by 12 modern depots and our Plant Sales operates globally.
Our success has been driven by our ability to identify a gap in the market, delivering a cost effective solution which most importantly meets our customers’ requirements. We continue to deliver the highest quality product, cost effectively and on time.
To apply for this role, please complete the form or send your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]