Vacancies - General Operative – Bedford
General Operative – Bedford
Role: General Operative – Bedford Plant Sales Preparation Centre – 45 hours per week – Monday to Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm
Are you a determined individual with some experience working with Plant Hire Machinery Industry? If so, an exciting part time opportunity has arisen for a General Operative to join our talented and highly respected team at our Bedford Plant Sales Preparation Centre.
You will be responsible assisting The Preparation Centre Team with their daily duties.
- Assisting the onsite mechanical engineers with identified repairs required to Plant Hire Equipment (Telehandler, Excavators, Site Dumpers & Road Rollers)
- Assist in the loading of sold machinery (Training will be given)
- Assisting the Preparation Centre Team as and when required, with regards to all Preparation Centre disciplines
- Assist in maintaining workshop and yard areas
- Assist in the cleaning of assets in readiness for repairs to be carried out by the onsite engineers
- Assist with the final cleaning process of assets in preparation for the Plant Sales Team
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to ensure that all work-related tasks are completed to a high standard
- Have a desire to learn and to succeed
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent own time management skills
- Mechanical Knowledge of Plant Hire Equipment
- Competent in operating Plant Hire Equipment
What benefits we provide:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave per annum plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Company sick pay scheme
We are a national business with our HQ at West Kinfauns, Perth, Scotland. The business was established in 1974 by Morris Leslie and remains in private ownership to this day as a family run business. Originally a plant sales company, over the past four decades we have diversified into other areas, many relating to the agricultural and construction sectors where we made our name.
We offer the highest quality products and service across the UK. We can provide auction services anywhere in the UK to a global audience, our Plant Hire network is served by 15 modern depots and our Plant Sales operates globally.
Our success has been driven by our ability to identify a gap in the market, delivering a cost-effective solution which most importantly meets our customers’ requirements. We continue to deliver the highest quality product, cost effectively and on time.
Job Type: Part-time
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person