Vacancies - Fitter – Bedford
Fitter – Bedford
Role: Fitter – Bedford – 45 hours Per Week – 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Are you a determined individual with experience working within Plant Hire Machinery Industry? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fitter to join our talented and highly respected team at our Bedford Depot.
You will be responsible for servicing and carrying out repairs on our large range of plant hire machinery (telehandlers, excavators, dumpers and rollers). You will also be responsible for ensuring the equipment is safe and fit for sale by carrying out bespoke machine inspections and identifying any defective parts or damaged components that require repairing to a high standard.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to ensure all work is completed to a high standard
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Good mechanical knowledge of Plant Hire equipment
- Have possession of your own tools (bespoke tools required supplied)
- Experience of working with in the Plant Hire industry
- Competent in driving and operating Plant Hire equipment
What benefits we provide:
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave per annum plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Company sick pay scheme
We are a national business with our HQ at West Kinfauns, Perth, Scotland. The business was established in 1974 by Morris Leslie and remains in private ownership to this day as a family run business. Originally a plant sales company, over the past four decades we have diversified into other areas, many relating to the agricultural and construction sectors where we made our name.
We offer the highest quality products and service across the UK. We can provide auction services anywhere in the UK to a global audience, our Plant Hire network is served by 15 modern depots and our Plant Sales operates globally.
Our success has been driven by our ability to identify a gap in the market, delivering a cost effective solution which most importantly meets our customers’ requirements. We continue to deliver the highest quality product, cost effectively and on time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person