Vacancies - Conference & Events Executive
Conference & Events Executive
Morris Leslie is an £88 million turnover group of companies. Comprising of 15 locations and consisting of a diverse range of divisions including plant hire, plant sales, property investment, self-storage and auctions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Conference and Events Executive to join our highly respected and friendly team. In this position you will be responsible for organising and planning events from inception through to completion. Generating sales leads, attracting bookings and promoting the available event and conferencing space across our multi sites.
Working in collaboration with the Sunday Market and central Marketing team the role will ultimately create an annual events and booking calendar. The role will play a vital part in bringing business to the site, promoting the venue and surrounding accommodation, assist with, the preparation of content for press releases, developing and updating the Market website, social media, organising and ensuring the venue is ready for hire. The role would benefit from an enthusiastic self-starter who is target driven, has a creative flair and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Promotion and marketing of both the Errol Sunday Market and surrounding Morris Leslie facilities as an events and conferencing venue – promote the site to attract new business for specialist events and meetings. Prepare and produce regular information and quarterly newsletters for all clients in consultation with Corporate Marketing team
- Generate sales leads and secure business for the venue through the application of strong sales and negotiation skills
- Manage the event process from start to finish which will include setting up and taking down of equipment.
- Produce detailed and strategical proposals and project plan regarding individual projects, outlining venues, timescales, supplies, legal obligations, resourcing if required and budgets.
- Develop prospect databases to proactively target in conjunction with the Corporate Marketing team.
- Contribute to the creative development of market material and special events including community outreach.
- The creation, development, delivery and promotion of Errol Sunday Market events and the annual events calendar.
- Promote the diversity and availability of the facilities on site including the booking and leasing of all event, conferencing and accommodation space where applicable.
- Aid the company with the generation of local support and interest aligned to planning consent for companywide initiatives e.g holiday lets.
- Meet with prospective clients, attend off-site meetings with key stakeholders and prepare reports for all parties as required.
- Produce a post event evaluation report, which will include learnings, new contacts, finances and expenditure by specific area, eg advertising and social media costs
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Sales driven with proven experience of working to targets.
- Previous experience of developing, selling and delivering conferencing and events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team.
- An understanding of events legal and health and safety compliance.
- Clear and organised work habits, positive attitude and flexibility.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Creative flair.
- A marketing background would be advantageous.