Vacancies - Classic Vehicle Curator- Perth
Classic Vehicle Curator- Perth
Full Job Description
Classic Vehicle Curator – Vintage Cars, Perth Airport
16 to 20 per week on flexible basis
Do you have a passion for classic cars? Are you looking for a role that will enable you to turn your interest into paid work on a part time basis? If so an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Classic Vehicle Curator to look after our classic car collection and to show them to visitors.
About the role:
You will oversee the vintage collection undertaking security checks, completing a walk around to regularly check vehicles, reporting defects as soon as they are identified. You will maintain the presentation of all vehicles and displays within the building and undertake basic maintenance of the vehicles including tyres and fluids. In addition to general housekeeping and ensuring the cleanliness of the hall you will undertake a stocktaking exercise to accurately maintain stock records of the collection and displays.
In addition to assisting with arranging and leading visits to the collection you will provide an enthusiastic and warm greeting to all pre-arranged visitors, guide them around the displays giving knowledgeable commentary and supplying accurate answers to any questions.
What you’ll need:
- Great knowledge of the workings of vintage vehicles mainly built in Britain gained as a classic car owner, enthusiast or from a past working experience in the classics industry
- Must have accuracy and be confident and able to work to high standards
- To be confident in working independently
- A basic level of IT skills – email, photo attachments, letters
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with great communication skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 30 days annual leave per annum (Pro Rata)
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Qualifying Company sick pay scheme
- Cycle to Work Programme
We are a national business with our Head Quarters at West Kinfauns, Perth, Scotland. The business was established in 1974 by Morris Leslie and remains in private ownership to this day as a family run business. Originally a plant sales company, over the past four decades we have diversified into other areas, many relating to the agricultural and construction sectors where we made our name. We provide auction services anywhere in the UK to a global audience, our Plant Hire network is served by 16 Depots UK Wide and our Plant Sales business operates globally. We own and manage a diverse and extensive property portfolio of commercial, industrial and residential, as well as providing open/covered storage areas throughout the UK. Our variety of properties can be let on tailored and flexible lease terms to meet specific requirements. We also run events including one of Scotland’s biggest Sunday Markets, held on the Errol airfield site.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 16-20 per week
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Perth, PH2 6PL: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person