Vacancies - Account Manager (Woking)
Account Manager (Woking)
Morris Leslie Plant Hire consists of 13 depots throughout the UK providing customers with extensive choice and cover. We specialise in supplying plant solutions to the construction, house building and civil engineering sectors. Following recent investment our modern fleet of 5,000 plant items includes over 2,000 telehandlers, 1,300 excavators, 1,000 dumpers, 450 rollers and 150 access platforms.
We currently have a vacancy in our Plant Hire division for an Account Manager in the South East based at our Woking depot.
The Account Manager is responsible for securing new business and for maintaining and growing an agreed Portfolio of customers, identifying and developing profitable business opportunities and growth with select national clients within a defined geographical area. Working within a national team with direction from the Regional Sales Manager the role will liaise with Plant Hire Depot’s and other operational staff to optimise the service provided to account customers nationwide. Working in conjunction with the Operations team to maintain and grow profitable revenues to maximise optimum efficiency for the Depot whilst ensuring compliance in line with the company policies and procedures.
1. Growing the existing customer portfolio revenue and winning new business
2. Visiting Customers offices and Construction sites to maintain relationships and identify new customer opportunities for growth
3. To maximise sales; manage margin expectations; minimise debt risk; build strong relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
4 To identify leads and secure new business within the designated geography
5. Assisting in delivering our sales strategies and working to the agreed plan
6. Relationship building with new and existing customers.
7. Dealing with customer enquiries in a professional, knowledgeable manner
8. To manage and update a customer Portfolio utilising the Sales-i CRM system
9. To work in collaboration with the plant hire operations team to ensure customer orders and expectations are fulfilled efficiently and within the agreed time
10. To identify new and existing construction sites, visit and gather information and follow up
11. React promptly and professionally to customers enquiries
12. Produce quotations for existing and new customers
13. Plan and coordinate your own diary / itinerary
14. Pass leads and share information with colleagues around the country
15. To attend company training courses and sales meetings as required by the company to ensure level of competency is maintained.
This above does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in the role. The Company reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Proven experience in sales and account management
Strong knowledge of the Plant Hire/Construction industry
Financially and commercially driven with the enthusiasm and experience to maintain and grow new business
A Strong character who is highly motivated working on their own initiative and as part of a team
Detail focused and organised with the ability to prioritise workload
Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis
A self-starter who can deliver results in changing environments, with excellent time management and organisational skills
Confident communicator with the ability to negotiate at varying levels
Comfortable with the use of IT systems
Builds and maintains strong working relationships both internally and externally with the ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels
A flexible approach to working hours to suit the business needs
Treats all contractors equitably and ethically
Full driving license
1. Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
2. The employee is responsible for both their own safety and for the safety of others.