Policies - Health, Safety & Environmental Policy Statement
Health, Safety & Environmental Policy Statement
The Board of Directors are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and conducting its business activities in a manner that protects the environment. To achieve these goals, all Morris Leslie Ltd locations shall adhere to the following principles:
• Identification and evaluation of all HSE hazards or aspects and the management of those risks to reduce their impacts to an acceptable level.
• Compliance with all applicable HSE legislation.
• Prevention of incidents, injuries and pollution.
• Intolerance of the conditions and behaviours that contribute to incidents and injuries.
• Reduction in waste and conservation of resources.
• Recording and communicating HSE performance throughout the organisation.
• Continual improvement of HSE performance.
The Managing Director and senior management shall visibly uphold these principles throughout the organisation and integrate them into the Company’s HSE Policy and Management System. The Board of Directors shall regularly review HSE performance.
Management and supervisory personnel at each division and location shall be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Company’s HSE Management System. Regular HSE audits shall be carried out to determine conformance to the HSE Management System.
Every employee, whose work may create a significant HSE impact, shall be trained and held accountable for complying with the HSE Policy and related procedures, practices, instructions and rules. Each employee has a duty to report workplace conditions or practices that pose a safety hazard or threaten the environment and to take reasonable actions to alleviate such risks.
Everyone is responsible for recognising that by risking incident or injury, they are putting in jeopardy what they value and those they care for.
Morris Leslie (Managing Director, Morris Leslie Ltd)