Policies - Environmental Policy
Purpose of this policy
To share and communicate our commitment to minimising the adverse environmental impact from our operations. This policy applies to all Morris Leslie Plant Hire locations, wherever their operations are carried out and is reviewed and, if necessary, revised annually.
At Morris Leslie Plant Hire, we recognise our responsibilities towards the local, national, and global environment in which we carry out our business. We are committed to ensuring that we conduct our operations in a responsible and sustainable manner to minimise our impact on the environment in which we operate and to meet the expectations of our employees, customers, and general public.
Achieving our commitment
We are committed to meeting the standards imposed by Environmental Legislation and continuously improving our environmental performance across all our locations by:
- Reviewing our activities and identifying issues, which could have a significant impact on the environment.
- Minimising the risks of environmental incidents through the formulation and adoption of appropriate risk management procedures
- Complying with all legislation, regulations, and codes of practice relevant to our business
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste, and ensuring the efficient use of, energy and water.
- Using sustainable, reusable, or recyclable products where possible
- Ensure that all wastes, particularly hazardous or contaminated wastes are transported and disposed of in an environmentally acceptable manner, in accordance with statutory duty of care requirements.
- Engaging with our supply-chain to ensure compliance with this policy
- Providing the necessary awareness and training to enable employees at all levels to understand and contribute to the implementation of this policy.
- Promoting a good neighbour policy to minimise and respond to any adverse effects we may have on others or on the environment
Graham Ogilvie (Managing Director, Morris Leslie Plant Hire Ltd)