The Morris Leslie Group is committed to compliance with UK Health and Safety Law, to the continual improvement of health and safety management standards, and to the prevention of injury and ill health.
Morris Leslie’s management team place their employees, customers and environmental impact at top of its agenda.
Morris Leslie Plant Hire - Health & Safety Policy - General Statement
The Morris Leslie Plant Hire is committed to compliance with UK Health and Safety Law, to the continual improvement of health and safety management standards, and to the prevention of injury and ill health.
The sound moral, legal and financial reasons for ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees and any other persons who may be affected by activities arising out of its operations are recognised and accepted.
The principal objectives of The Morris Leslie Group are to ensure that all our employees are able to carry out their work duties without undue risk to their own health, safety and welfare and that our business activities do not adversely affect the health, safety and welfare of non-employees.
In order to achieve this The Morris Leslie Group will ensure so far as is reasonably practicable:
- The provision of safe systems of work, safe plant, equipment and materials.
- The development and maintenance of a structured health and safety organisation in which responsibilities and accountability are clearly defined and understood.
- The identification and assessment of hazards and risks and the allocation of adequate resources to implement effective control measures.
- That arrangements are made for ensuring the minimisation of risk to health, safety and welfare in connection with all the activities undertaken by The Morris Leslie Group.
- The provision of appropriate information, training, instruction and supervision.
- The setting and monitoring of clear objectives against which the Morris Leslie group & health and safety performance can be measured.
- Although the ultimate responsibility for Health and Safety rests with the Managing Director of The Morris Leslie Group, all Morris Leslie employees, associates and subcontractors have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 to:
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken with regard to the health and safety of themselves and others.
- To make themselves aware of, and to co-operate in the implementation of, The Morris Leslie Groups Health and Safety Policy, its procedures and all relevant statutory documents and codes of practice.
- Take reasonable and proper steps to ensure a safe working environment.
Day-to-day responsibility for the implementation of the The Morris Leslie Group Policy is delegated to Morris Leslie General Managers and Management
Morris Leslie (Managing Director, The Morris Leslie Group)