The Morris Leslie Group is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. through educating its employees and suppliers, buying green and complying with environmental legislation.
The Morris Leslie Group - Environmental Policy
This statement applies to all land, premises and activities within the control of The Morris Leslie Group. The Group has detailed arrangements for implementing this policy which are outlined in a further section of the Policy entitled, Organisation and Arrangements.
The Morris Leslie Group is committed to the conservation and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impacts of the risks arising from its activities.
The Group will manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible.
In order to achieve this aim The Group has the following key objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Group and
- To comply with the requirements of relevant legislation; to make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water;
- To promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services;
- To minimise waste production as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste;
- To reduce and, where practicable, prevent pollution; to minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from its own vehicles and those brought on to Morris Leslie premises.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Morris Leslie Group development;
- To maintain the Group's premises in an environmentally sensitive way;
- To minimise the adverse environmental impact of the decommissioning and disposal of the Groups assets;
- To communicate within the Group and to the outside community the Group's environmental performance;
The main responsibility for the implementation of this policy lies with the Management and the Morris Leslie Group's Director. Whilst the Group accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy, individuals have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguarding the environment. Individuals are required to abide by rules and requirements made under the authority of this policy. The environmental policy will be subject to regular review.